Postal/ZIP Codes in Argentina
Information on how to find an Argentinian post/ZIP code and how to write addresses in Argentina...
Postal services in Argentina are primarily provided by the former state-owned national carrier Correo Argentina.
Postal/Zip Codes in Argentina
A postal/zip code in Argentina is called a código postal and the system is known as CPA Codigo Postal Argentino.
The CPA is made up of three parts:
- A single letter which denotes the province. This letter is the same as the the ISO code of the area
- A four digit numerical code which denotes the municipality. This is the same code as that of the old system which was made redundant in 1999
- Three final letters known as Cara de Manzana which denote the approximate location of the address in the area
Addresses in Argentina
Addresses in Argentina generally follow the following format:
- Line 1: Recipient NAME and title (Full name with the last name in capital letters)
- Line 2: Company name
- Line 3: Street and number
- Line 4: CPA Code, Town,
- Sr/Sra Person NAME
Company ABC S.L
Av. Rivadavia 2403
C1473GTH Buenos Aires
There is no standard abbreviation for the provinces. However they are usually not required if the post code is correctly used. If the post/zip code is unknown, then the Province name should be written at the end of the address.